By referring a patient you can help save a life!
West Florida AHEC strives to provide tobacco cessation continuing education for healthcare providers and students that are intuitive, applicable and free. We offer interactive evidence based tobacco CME courses, reviewed by tobacco control experts and primary care physicians, on helping patients quit smoking and other tobacco use. Patient handouts, clinical forms and helpful links are also available.
9 Hours of Free CME/CE Credit Available:
Description of Modules
- Overview of Tobacco Cessation
- Motivational Interviewing for Primary Care
- Pharmacotherapy of Tobacco Cessation
- Children and Tobacco: Three Cases
- Tobacco Dependency and Pregnancy
- Older Adults and Tobacco
- Smokeless Tobacco
- Five Cases: Basic Tobacco Cessation Interventions
The Florida AHEC Network provides access to a suite of online tobacco education and cessation modules. Various CE/CEU is available for Florida health care providers at no cost and free module access to health profession students. Read more about the Online Tobacco Modules (PDF) here.
Visit Keys AHEC to register or find more information about Tobacco CME/CE.