Because healthcare workers typically return to practice in the area they trained, high quality community physicians interested in training the next generation of healthcare providers are continually needed. It is West Florida AHEC’s goal that during one’s clinical training he/she will gain valuable knowledge and develop skills that will help mold his/her career. Furthermore, if one chooses to return to practice in a region where he/she received training, West Florida AHEC is one step closer to helping improve the overall health of our service area’s population.
Benefits of being a Preceptor:
- Ability to influence and help mold future healthcare workers
- Opportunity to assist in a medical student’s health career of choice
- Chance to impact a healthcare worker’s choice of practice location
- Possibility to grow your local healthcare workforce
- Expanding your teaching capacity as a valued preceptor
We continually seek to develop preceptors for the following specialty fields:
- Physician’s Assistants
- First-Year Medical Students
If you, or your facility, are interested in becoming a preceptor and willing to share your knowledge and experience with our PAs and MS1s, please inquire here.
For more information about the clinical preceptorship program, please contact our Executive Director, 850.682.2552.